NABIL MAHMOOD is a passionate litigator who is committed to providing high-quality advocacy and professional service to his clients. He enjoys finding creative solutions to novel and complex legal issues and is developing a practice focused on commercial disputes, tort claims, class actions, professional negligence, construction litigation, product liability and insurance coverage matters.
Nabil balances a practical approach to resolving disputes with being a tough advocate in the courtroom when necessary. He has assisted with matters in a variety of courts and tribunals, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Divisional Court and the Supreme Court of Canada.
While in law school, Nabil competed in multiple advocacy competitions and was an editorial-board member of the Canada-United States Law Journal. He also completed a legal internship with the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative in Chicago, IL where he assisted with a broad range of commercial, environmental and administration law matters in connection with transnational Great Lakes water resource issues.
Prior to returning as an associate, Nabil summered and articled with the firm. He is a member of the Ontario Bar Association, the Toronto Lawyers Association and the Advocates’ Society.
- Represents nurses, HVAC installers, insurance brokers, real estate appraisers and various other professionals in claims alleging negligence in relation to services rendered and/or work performed
- Represents contractors and subcontractors in construction litigation matters involving disputes about shoddy workmanship, including disputes under the CCDC resolution process and otherwise
- Represents commercial businesses and landlords in actions alleging negligence under the Occupiers’ Liability Act, including disputes involving waivers, trespass and tavern liability
- Represents various long-term care homes in defence of claims related to the outbreak of COVID-19
- Represents insurers in coverage disputes, including disputes involving priority and “other insurance” clauses
- Represents operators, owners and insurers in tort actions arising out of motor vehicle collisions
- Represents manufacturers and retailers in product liability claims alleging negligence and statutory causes of action under the Sales of Goods Act