Gaetana (Tania) CampisiTel: 416.594.4697 Email: email@example.com
Tania is an experienced litigation lawyer with a diverse practice, representing clients involved in a variety of complex matters.
GAETANA (TANIA) CAMPISI is an experienced litigation lawyer with a diverse practice. Tania articled with Stieber Berlach LLP and has represented clients at trials, applications, and motions before several levels of court in Ontario and multiple administrative tribunals.
Tania has over ten years’ experience representing clients involved in a variety of complex matters including medical malpractice, class action disputes, professional liability, construction law, municipal and environmental liability, employment law, defamation and human rights litigation.
Tania is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Canadian Bar Association. Prior to attending law school, Tania was an insurance underwriter.
- Co-counsel at a three-month-long medical malpractice trial resulting in the successful defence of the hospital. Ormerod v. Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital, 2013 ONSC (unreported)
- Successful summary judgment motion dismissing the Plaintiff’s action on the basis that Plaintiff tendered no admissible medical evidence to support her claim and there was no genuine issue requiring a trial. Barrett v. Peel Housing Corporation, 2017 ONSC 2907
- Represented an insurer at a successful refusals motion for the production of the Plaintiff’s prior legal files on basis that solicitor-client privilege had been waived. Brockie v. Continental Casualty Company (CNA), 2017 ONSC 3316
- Represented a Children’s Aid Society at a successful motion to strike portions of 70-page Fresh as Amended Statement of Claim. Brunn v. Halton Children’s Aid Society, 2016 ONSC 6195
- Successfully represented medical professionals at summary judgment motion dismissing the Plaintiff’s action on the basis that there was no genuine issue for trial. Kim v. Choi, 2012 ONSC 6627
- Successful motion to strike claim, resulting in action against a court appointed capacity assessor being struck with no leave to amend. Fockler et al v. Eisen et al., 2012 ONSC 5435
- Administrative Tribunals
- Successfully defended a franchisor against allegations of discrimination from a franchisee at the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. 2016 HRTO 1166
- Successfully represented a housing corporation in an application to the Workplace Safety and Appeals Tribunal of Ontario to remove the Plaintiff’s right to sue her employer in negligence. Savvidis v. Community Homes Solutions Ltd. 2015 ONWSIAT 1038
Other Representative Work
- Represents long-term care homes in various actions and proposed class actions arising out of Covid-19 pandemic and allegations of inadequate care in homes
- Represents paralegals in actions alleging professional incompetence in the provision of paralegal services
- Represents mortgage agents from allegations of negligence in various actions arising out of syndicated mortgages
- Represents municipalities in environmental liability litigation
- Represents clients in construction liens and construction related litigation
- Represents condominium corporations and boards of directors in various litigation matters
- Protecting Innocent Co-Insureds in Ontario, Stieber Berlach LLP Insurance Law Update Seminar, 2018
- Joint and Several Liability, Stieber Berlach LLP presentation to client, 2012
“Protecting Innocent Co-Insureds in Ontario,” Stieber Berlach LLP Insurance Law Update Seminar, 2018