ANDREA LEDREW takes a tenacious but practical approach to her litigation practice. She has a wide array of experience in property and casualty litigation, including occupiers’ liability and motor vehicle claims. A significant portion of Andrea’s practice is devoted to acting for municipalities in both road authority claims and class actions.
Andrea always focuses on exceeding her clients’ expectations and is a strong believer that a reasoned approach to litigation results in both time and cost savings. She uses her strong negotiation skills to settle difficult claims, but will seek to resolve matters in court when appropriate.
Andrea mentors both summer and articling students and is pleased to have created the job shadowing program at the firm. The program allows students to gain better insight into the various practice areas at Stieber Berlach.
- Successful dismissal of application against security company for alleged violation of Human Rights Code. Dwyer v. J.S. Pharmacy Services Ltd.,2018 HRTO 1265
- Acts for upper-tier road authorities in numerous claims alleging negligence and failure to comply with obligations as set out in regulations to the Municipal Act, 2001
- Acts for municipality in a class action arising out of alleged deficiencies in road conditions leading to increased incidence of motor vehicle accidents
- Acts for various winter maintenance contractors in bodily injury claims arising out of slip and falls
- Acts for various security companies in claims of bodily injury arising from alleged negligence under the Occupiers’ Liability Act. Also acts for security companies in claims of bodily injury arising from alleged excessive use of force
- “Ontario Court of Appeal Validates Liability Waivers,” Stieber Berlach Case Commentaries, 2018
- “Punitive Damages,” with Murray Stieber and Christian Breukelman, Stieber Berlach Client Seminar, 2017